Friday, October 22, 2010

If I blame the computers...

How can I blame a computer for ruining college football, when everything that makes this forum possible is done thanks to the magic little box. Okay, it's not really the computer's fault, but how much do the trustees, or bosses, or whatever the greedy folks behind the BCS are called LOVE the NFL this week? If it weren't for the pussification of professional football (that's harsh; I actually agree with everything the league is doing, yet reserve the right to judge in a couple weeks when punishments become regular), the big story all week would have been the joke of the BCS standings.
[That, and baseball, which has been REALLY good to watch. Pre-World Series blog coming after it's decided this weekend]

I have paid a TON of attention to college games this season. I've got a good feel for the teams. I've even watched three complete games played by Oklahoma. And I will admit: I actually had to check to see that they were undefeated when the BCS standings came out and they were on top. I thought to myself, 'surely this team lost a game,' and, 'wait, didn't Cincinnati beat them?'

But, it's Friday, it's nice out and I don't want to go on a rant about the BCS when so many well-qualified writers did an eloquent job this week. What I do want to talk about is my comeback in picks. After providing a much-needed lesson a week ago, Cover Two nailed the picks, going 5-0 against the number and 4-1 picking winners (including two upsets; should've had the stones to pick Texas). I'm going to go ahead and give myself a quick 1 victory against Vegas for an impromptu blog advice last night: Mrs. Half of Cover Two and I went to a little party of R-rated pumpkin carving and upon arrival found some gentlemen inquiring about the betting lines of Oregon-UCLA. I wasn't happy with the spread, but the over/under of 61 seemed like a no-brainer. I risked the fine reputation of this blog and endorsed the move (again, kids, no gambling here; well, except for the fact that I was aiding in somebody who was gambling; but, that doesn't mean I support it), and Oregon almost covered the over by themselves.

So, on the season now... 28-9 picking winners and 24-14 against Vegas

This week... When you are on a roll, there is no need to justify your picks. You just do it!

#16 Nebraska, 24 @ #14 Oklahoma State (+6), 31

#13 Wisconsin, 14 @ #15 Iowa (-6.5), 17 - BOB

#6 LSU, 24 @ #4 Auburn (-6), 31

#1 Oklahoma, 35 @ #11 Missouri (+3), 38

Yes, I like home teams. Especially when all of the road teams coming in are puckering a little bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment