Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rush to Judgement

It's one of those weeks (and months) where the candle is being lit on both ends. If you are a big fan of women's soccer, boy do I have the weekend for you.

But, it's meant that the analysis of college football just isn't as thorough as I would like this week. So, despite the continued success (4-0 on winners; 2-2 versus Vegas last week), we have to rush to judge this week's slate of contests...

#18 Arkansas @ #19 South Carolina -4.5
I've gone against South Carolina too many times this year. They can run. They can catch. The only wildcard? Consistency. I like them at home against Arkansas.
Gamecocks 31, Arkansas 24

#21 Baylor @ #17 Oklahoma State -9
Big number. But, despite beating up on a terrible Texas team, Baylor is a beneficiary of good circumstances this season. Spotlight. Road game. No contest.
Oklahoma State 45, Baylor 28

#15 Arizona @ #13 Stanford -8
I don't see Stanford losing this game, mainly because I still view Arizona as a pretender. But, I think this is a good Pac-10 battle (meaning, 8 points is too steep of a spread)
Stanford 34, Arizona 28

#6 Alabama @ #10 LSU +6.5
The Tide are now the best option, 1-loss team with the outside hope of a BCS Championship Game appearance. That's a big deal. For the amazingly-large-number week in a row, Bama gets another team off a bye week, and on the road (See: South Carolina game). BUT, the Tide roll in off their own bye. Oh, and did I mention they might be motivated. AND, they get the #1 team in the country at home to close the season.
Alabama 24, LSU 17

#3 TCU @ #5 Utah +5
I am not at all surprised to see the Utes getting points at home. TCU's defense has been stellar this season. I haven't watched enough of Utah to have any rational, credible, logical reason for stating this: I think TCU has a team more than capable of completely handling Utah.
Frogs 28, Utah 22.5

Season: 34-11; 29-17 (I don't know how, but this is a really good weekend of games that seems to have gone overlooked. Sneak away from your plans and catch some afternoon games)

No comments:

Post a Comment